Curate /cu·rate/ from Latin "curare" meaning "take care of"
Welcome to Curate, a carefully curated collection of sustainable & ethical clothing with a purpose.
As we move into a new decade, we're determined to provide a place for people to shop for sustainable & ethical clothing & goods. We’re committed to taking care of the world we live in & improving our impact on the environment.
At Curate, we want you to become the curator of your wardrobe. Embrace your style & build your closet with responsible clothing that you’ll wear & love for years to come. By shopping for sustainable & ethical clothing, you can help reduce the negative effects of the fast fashion industry, like excess fabric waste, water pollution & unethical working conditions.
Through our carefully curated items, you can shop sustainable & ethical clothing, all in one place.
In an effort to develop a more people- & planet-friendly way to shop, we're dedicated solely to brands that have the same beliefs. Our core pillars are sustainable practices & materials, ethical working conditions & giving back to the environment.
We make sure that all of the brands that we partner with are committed to making a positive impact on the environment.
These are some of the ways that the different brands we carry implement sustainable & ethical practices:
- Produce clothing using recycled materials
- Use compostable & biodegradable fabrics
- Garments are hand-drawn & handmade to order
- Reduce water usage
- Recycle & clean water before reintroducing the water to drain systems
- Eliminate toxic chemicals
- Utilize a low waste design process
- Limit fabric waste
- Diminish the use of plastics
- Produce garments in a wind-powered factory
- Use 100% Certified Organic Cotton
- Pay garment workers a living wage
- Provide clean & safe working facilities
- Make garments from recycled PET bottles
- Donate to organizations that support green initiatives
To help offset the negative impacts of our carbon footprint, we've partnered with One Tree Planted & will donate 1 tree per order. One Tree Planted is a non-profit organization focused on reforestation, rebuilding forests after fires and floods, providing jobs for social impact, and restoring biodiversity. For more information on this incredible organization & their mission, visit One Tree Planted.
Every month, we neutralize our carbon shipping emissions via Offset, an app that allows us to counteract the negative environmental impact of the carbon emissions caused by our shipping.